I'm not sure why I keep this blog anymore, since I can do so much more with facebook! It's been over 6 months since I've written anything!
I've had amazing energy over the last couple of days. My new medicine must be kicking in! I rearranged my sewing room, reorganized the pantry, swept and mopped the floors, cleaned the closet, and made 9 burp cloths. Buck's been gone for a tad over 2 weeks, and comes home Wednesday, so it also could be that I'm just really ready to see him!
I took Mason to school today, and there wasn't school. We were really early too, because Mason wanted to eat breakfast at school today. It was raining. I woke up Mason and Mattie, got them dressed, we were out the door before 730am, got to school, and it just looked weird. The school was dark...especially the cafeteria...where I was about to send Mason for breakfast! Only a few cars in the parking lot, the Principal was PARKED in the car pool lane. We just sit there for a second, wondering what's going on. We dig out Mason's folder to check to see if there's anything in there about no school today, there's nothing, we sit, looking ridiculously around. The Principal walks back out to our car (let me just add here, that I'm in my pj's, because I'm usually in my pj's when I take Mason to school because no one sees me! Let me also add, that this same Principal I've interviewed for jobs with, no luck so far), ok, so she walks back out to my car, I roll down the window and she peeks in to talk to me, asking if I thought there was school today, I'm looking like an idiot. In the meantime, Mason's teacher is arriving to school, and getting out of her car, she see's me, comes up to the car, and is like, "I'm so sorry, I had a sub on Friday, so a reminder didn't get sent out to the parents..."
So me, the kids, and my pj's drive back home in the rain, unload, come in, I check the calendar on my fridge, and sure 'nuf, it says in blue, "staff dev. day". I really had no idea we even had any holidays in February, and I don't regularly check out calendar. I will from now on.
And there probably went all my chances of ever getting a job with her, I can't even read a calendar! Oh well, it was funny. I keep thinking back to us sitting in the front of the school...alone...early...looking crazy!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Wowsers!
Posted by Jill at 6:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment