CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

It's just been a while...edited version

Well, we're on our second week living at April's! Mason's on his 3rd week of his new school. Everything is going well. The kids altogether are kind of loud, and Mattie and Annika are so much alike that they fight a lot, but it's all good! I'm so grateful to my sister and her family for letting us move in on such short notice. All the girls are sharing a room, Mason has his own room, and I have my own room, with everything but the kitchen sink in it! My bed, computer, sewing stuff, dressers, tv, ironing board, etc. all in one nice room!

Things I've learned while living at April's:

1. Do not wake up and go straight to the kitchen to make coffee, or you'll have 4 little eyes staring at you and wanting to have serious early morning conversation already at 6am!
2. April and Annika have a fluent asian accent.
3. 7 bodies under one roof (4 being 5 and under) can make for some occasional chaos.
4. Mason has 2 new sisters, and Taylor and Annika have inherited a new brother and sister.
5. Mark works upstairs, so we try to have quiet time until he comes down the stairs saying, "Hi honey! I'm home!"
6. Don't expect to type long emails without the internet connection going away at any given moment! (I'm getting the free version, Mark says if I want a better connection, I'll have to pay for it! Heehee!!)
7. We actually eat most of the meals all sitting down together as a family, I love it!
8. April and Mark are weird, but it makes me laugh.
9. And April has some serious dance moves, and will break out in them unexpectedly, but I knew this already.
10. I have a wonderful family who loves me and my kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11. As soon as you flush the toilet, stand back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The toilets are weird too!
12. The Solomon's have great manners regarding flatulents!

Stay tuned for more on the Solomon Humphrey merge!!!

5 comments:

April said...

I am CRACKING UP!!! Like seriously, every line made me laugh. It's kinda funny to hear what our family looks like to someone else, like when you said me and Mark are weird?? What? That is shocking, I had no idea! He he he

threegirlsandamom said...

I knew they were weird :) and wonderful also. I would love to be a fly on the way at your house between 7:15 and 7:30 each morning and evening. Dancing makes the chaos seem more manageable at times. I love you guys and miss you both.

Mark S said...

That was really funny, true, but funny. Keep up the good behavior and I might let you have the better version of the internet. Glad you and the kiddos are here.

keri said...

Jill! I miss you! I love the pics and your break down of April's house. I'm cracking up!

Heidi McKee said...

Ok, probably not as funny to me because there are a lot of inside jokes going on. Some are understandable, others, WHAT?? in the world! I'm glad God has blessed you girl.