CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Just what's been going on

Today's Friday, I have a "half-day" off, which really isn't a whole half day, I just go in at noon, instead of 830. So it gives me just enough time in the morning to think I can get a whole bunch of stuff done, just to look up at the clock, and it's time to leave for work. But I'm not complaining, I'm thankful for this "half-day". It's supposed to make up for the fact that I work on Saturday mornings.

My son is off of school today and Monday, a 4 day weekend, the perfect opportunity to go out of town visiting my Louisiana family. But....I'm a working woman now, so there's no such thing as going out of town on a weekend. =(

My kids are healthy though, that's something to be thankful for in the midst of my complaining. Mattie had the stomach bug last weekend, knock on wood, none of the other 6 bodies living in this household got it, and it's been 5 days. I was trying to not say that out loud so I wouldn't jinx myself, but typing it's ok right?

Just a funny, my sister and her kids just went into the living room, and Taylor was wanting to watch tv, but April was like, "No, I am going to watch The Today Show today. Do you know how long it's been since I've sat down and watched TDS? Well, how old are you? 5 1/2? Well then that's how long it's been, 5 1/2 years since I've watched it! So I'm going to watch it!" It was just funny to me, how the kids just start controlling so much, to were the parents don't get to go what they want to do, because they are trying to please the kids! Now I hear April having a deep heart to heart to Taylor about why she is watching TDS:

Taylor: But Mom, I want to watch something on TV.
April: Taylor, there are 2 other adults in this household. And there's 3 other kids. There are 7 people in this house. What made you think that you get to watch whatever you want to watch, whenever you want to watch it.
Taylor: but I want to...
April: This is all I hear all day long, "I want to do this, I want to watch this, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I. It's all about you. I want to sit down in the morning sometimes and watch tv, and not watch kids shows......

anyway, it was just funny as an outsider, well, kind of an insider outsider to listen to the conversation.

Well, I know April is still winning this one, because I can here the show in the background, the crowds, the screaming! Oh, something neat, April had 2 girlfriends that got to be in that background crowd a while back, and we say them on TV! They go to talk on tv and everything, and say where they were from, it was neat. Ok, I'm rambling, just wanted to update the old bloggy blog!

1 comments:

April said...

That's right, who does she think she is? She gets one day off of school, and thinks she can control the TV situation?
If I had known you were typing my words as I was speaking them this morning, I would have been much more eloquent.