I went out to Kohl's to find 2 nice hooded towels like I bought the kids last year. The only ones they had left were two elephants. One of them completely unwrapped, without package or tags or anything, but I figured it didn't matter because I was just going to have to unwrap them anyway to embroider Kayden's name on them. So I picked up both elephant towels, and went up to the register. The towels were buy one get one free, which was awesome, but when I got to the register, I saw that the wrapped hooded towel had some big dark stain on it. I looked at the cash register man and said, "I just noticed this towel had a big stain, and this one isn't even wrapped up." And then I sighed. And he said, "What if I gave you a discount." And I said, "How much" and he said how about $4.99?" So I thought, ok, I"m going to wash them anyway, so I'll take the $4.99 off. He wrang them up, one at regular price, one FREE! And then he went to do the discount. And he started typing in all these numbers and stuff, then gave me my total! He only charged me $4.99 for the one towel with the stain, then still gave me the other one FREE! So I ended up with 2 nice hooded towels for only $4.99! Whew hew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't have even attempted to make them myself for that.
I love stuff like that! Totally made the trip with Mattie out in the rain worth it!
All of the kids have been asleep for about an hour. It's so nice. We're just sitting here on the couch with the dog drinking coffee, it's so peaceful, and nice.
Ok, more rambling. A couple weeks ago, or however long ago, I ordered a swimsuit from Victoria's Secret. I asked for the 3 day shipping, so that I could go ahead and get it, and start taking the kids to the pool. Well, on the day it was to arrive, it didn't. It took about 3 more days to arrive. VS recognized the error, and refunded me the shipping charges. Well, the swimsuit came in, I tried it on, and seriously didn't like it, so packaged it up and mailed it back. In the meantime, I received an email from VS saying my swimsuit had been shipped. I'm thinking, "Well duh, I've received it, and am sending it back." But much to my surprise, there was some glitch in the system or something, because today, I received another swimsuit, which I haven't been charged for. I haven't even opened it. And if I was a dishonest person, could keep it and sell it. But, of course I'm not, I'm going to call them and tell them what happened, and send it back. Maybe they'll tell me just to keep it. Probably not, but maybe! =)
Ok, I think that's all my rambling for tonight!
We're taking the kids to the lake this weekend, up at Lake Texoma! I'm so excited! We're still going to come back into town for Mason's game, then head back up.
Ok, that's all, seriously!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Sweet deal!
Posted by Jill at 6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So did the big dark stain come out?
I am jealous that you are shopping at VS for swimsuits... I need to get to the gym so I can do the same. I am shopping for coverups..
Oh honey, believe me, it has a skirt~!
Haha
And yes, the stain came out! You can see the finished product on Kayden in one of the pictures on facebook.
Post a Comment