CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bunnies


Ok, I felt it was finally time to blog my bunny story. I've been staying at my mom and dad's for almost a week since they are out of town. Well, Tuesday, my dog dug up a little bunny nest in the backyard, 5 baby bunnies. I knew he would kill them if I left them outside, so I've been juggling the dog and the bunnies for 2 days now. I bring the dog in, put the bunnies out, bring the bunnies in, put the dog out. I've been in contact with the dfw wildlife people, trying to find out the best way to keep the bunnies alive, and fed. The mom bunny has been coming back and feeding them, that whole thing about if the mom smells human scent on her babies, she won't come back isn't true. The sad part is that she wasn't feeding 2 of the bunnies. The wildlife people said that if the mom feels the baby is defected in some way, she won't feed it, only the healthy ones, kind of sad, but so true, 3 bunnies getting plump, 2 bunnies fading away. Here is a picture of all 5 bunnies the day I found them.
Well, tonight, when I got home from church, the 2 little bunnies had died. Kind of sad. I'll take a picture of the three healthy bunnies tomorrow. I only have to juggle the bunnies until Sunday when my parents get back, and I take my dog back home, so I'm praying we can all make it until then! The little stinkers really are cute. Too bad it's illegal to keep wild animals! Little cute bunnies just in time for Easter! Heehee!!

2 comments:

April said...

So the 2 that are on the right side of the picture, are those the ones that died?

Jill said...

You know, in that picture, they kind of all look the same. It's weird. I don't know which ones they were. I took a new picture today.