Me and the kids were on our way to the Celina Balloon Festival this evening, and we took the back roads to get there. Me and Mason decided we wanted "fresh country air" so we rolled down the windows. Right in Mason's mid sentence of "Mom, I just love the country air" Mattie starts freaking out about "My tocs, my tocs, my tocs!!!!!" She was waving one of her crocs out of the window and the wind caught it and it fell out of her hand. Aaaaaah! So we turn around, and start keeping an eye out for her little tiny hot pink shoe. Most things, I probably wouldn't have gone back searching for, but yes, I do go hunting back country roads for the lost "Croc."
I spotted it! But there was no place to pull over, there was a ditch drop off on each side of the road, so I had to go up the road a little ways, get out, turn the car off, and proceeded to run down the road to rescue Mattie's shoe. I'm so out of shape, I was literally out of breath by the time I made it back to the car.
Mattie had huge "Crocodile" tears, but shut them off immediately when she saw her lost "tocs" in my hand. It was so dramatic. So funny.
The festival was nice, kind of small, but carnival food, and of course, what we went for, FIREWORKS!!!! Whew hew!!

1 comments:
Oh that is so funny. It is not fun to lose just one shoe, it's better to lose the whole pair. I'm glad you found it!
Post a Comment