This is collage 2 of our trip! The girl top left is Regan, aka RaRa, holding Mattie, there's another picture of Stephanie, aka Sissy, holding Mattie while rocking. They also got to see Dylan, aka Dill Pickle. Mattie and Mason both fell in love with Maw maw's and Paw paw's cows. They would go out everyday and sit or stand on this fence and talk to them. Mattie just looked at them really, Mason gave them all names. They loved the fence and the cows. Mattie really loved her Paw Paw too, in one picture, he's bent over putting on her shoes because she insisted that Paw Paw do it. She also made sure she told Paw Paw goodnight everynight, and gave him a "tiss" and hug, and wanted to know where he was at every waking hour.
We all had a great time. We rode the Mule (not the animal) all through Maw and Paw's cow pasture and land, and when we had gotten far enough away from home to not walk back comfortably, it ran out of gas. So Mason and I go trekking back to their house looking for gas, while Maw Maw and Mattie stayed behind. Mattie tried to tee tee for the first time out in the pasture, only because she saw someone else do it, and for their sake, I won't say who! The kids loved it out there! Maybe one day, they'll have their own pasture to live on, and can name their own cows!!
We left Waynesboro, MS heading to Denham Springs Louisiana, for our cousin Charlie's first birthday, and Sydnee and Julianne's baby showers. Charlie's birthday was a luau, the kids had a great time, and we even got a picture of Uncle Joel and Rosemary!!
I have a bad habit of not getting my camera out and taking pictures when I really need to, just thinking someone else will get them, which is why I have no pictures of Mason's first birthday. But here is what I have! Next time I'll try to do better!!
I forgot to mention the closeup of Mason's face was just how dirty he was. He had a big mosquito bite on his face, dirt under his neck, red faced, sweating, and this is how he and Mattie stayed the whole time we were gone. They had to get baths every evening before they got in the bed!!
Friday, August 24, 2007
Posted by Jill at 3:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, both collages are so so so good!!! It looks like so much fun. Too bad I missed the trip. Good scrapbook pages!
just wanted to say that we really enjoyed seeing all of you. The kids are growing so much. Wish we could see you more often.
Love,
Stephanie
Post a Comment