CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 30, 2007

My daughter and my son...


Ok, Mattie, the little toot, was just SCREAMING at me when I was trying to get her dressed after her bath. I cannot stand it, and I get so UGH! when she does it. So, I popped her leg. She screams louder, directly at me, and was pointing at me while doing it, so I popped her leg again. Whoah! She's screaming very loud, Mason gets upset, and comes in the room, carrying his blanket to comfort her with. He tells me, "I don't like it when you spank her." And I begin to justify to my 5 year old why Mama has to spank his little sister sometimes. Well, he doesn't like it, starts hugging her and telling her it's ok, gave her his blanket, I leave the room. A few minutes later, she's having absolutely nothing to do with me, and Mason is "helping" her with everything. And in his sweetest little voice, "Mattie, do you want a snack? Mattie do you want some milk? Do you want your brother to get it for you? Come see brother, brother loves you, I love my little sister, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah." So they go into the kitchen, he cuts her up some strawberries, cheese, banana, blueberries, poured her some milk, and she's just LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It was so obvious she was just playing on this attention that it was actually funny! Then he put her on an Elmo to watch, and if it just weren't so cute, they would already both be in bed. I just told them 5 more minutes and it's bedtime. He really doesn't like me having to spank her AT ALL. He gets so upset you'd think I was spanking him. I really pray that his love for her continues until old age, that he'll always want to protect and look out for his little sister, and that she'll continue to love and look up to her big brother. It's so cute, but as an aggravated frustrated mom, I don't see the cuteness right away.
The picture is not from today, but they pretty much are attached at the hip like this every day. This was a few days ago, Mattie sitting by him while he's playing a computer game. I will admit, she does get on his nerves sometimes, and he wants to be by himself, so I'll put her in her room to play, and Mason in his room, and it's nice, but it's sweet that they play so good together most of the time!

2 comments:

Heidi McKee said...

that is sweet. What are big brothers for? Good thing he's protective huh???

April said...

That's hilarious, I can SO picture the whole thing!