CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Oooooops!

Ok, today, I've been promising Mason I'd play Uno with him. I just kept telling him, "After your nap, after dinner, after swimming lessons, after we wash the car....etc." I really didn't feel like playing Uno, but he realllllly wanted to play it. Well, around 9ish, I told him to do something, and he didn't do it, so out of pure tired aggravation I was like, "Mason, go to bed! Go straight to bed." And he was like, "But what about my game, you promised?" And here is what I said, and in mid sentence, I really realized what I was saying. "Mason, you disobeyed, so I don't have to keep my promise since you disobeyed!" Wow! How powerful that is. What if God did that to me? Yikes! Not that I want my kids to still get what they want even though they disobey, but it really was a teaching moment for me. I had been promising him that we'd play it, and I didn't want to keep my promise, and I thought that his disobeying was my way out. Anyway, it made me think. I disobey God, and I'm so grateful that he still keeps his promises to us, even though we, his children disobey.

3 comments:

April said...

Oh, so true. Next time just play the Uno first, and he'll be satisfied for the day! So did you play?

Heidi McKee said...

WOW...it's nothing like a lesson from parenting. Seriously, though--teaching and rearing children is the best lesson of God's Love and grace. HUH?

Jill said...

And yes, we did end up playing, like right after I said that.