To "eat dessert first, because you just never know what's going to happen!" Well tonight, me and the kids did just that! I took the kids to Cold Stone Creamery tonight, we hadn't even had our dinner. Mason had the blue one (cotton candy), Mattie wanted pink (the pink she picked out was some raspberry sherbet flavor, so I got her strawberry since it was pink), and I had a mix between white chocolate and cake batter. Yum! We sat outside in the chairs eating our ice cream. Mason got a cone, I opted for a small cup for Mattie, and we sat, and ate, and talked. I ended up throwing half of mine away because I was getting sick with all the sweetness, Mason licked his clean, cone and all, and I had to throw the rest of Mattie's away too because she decided to start eating it with her hands, not just her fingers, her hands!! It was fun. We rarely go out for ice cream. In fact, I can't think right off the top of my head when I've taken the kids out for ice cream (me being LI and all, I try to steer clear of ice cream, but not tonight!!) It was fun, and actually a nice evening to sit outside. It would have been a good night for walking if we would have gotten back home before dark, but it was like 905 when we pulled back in the driveway. After I put the kids to bed, I watched a little TV (another rarity around here, for me anyway), then I got this sudden kick of energy, and swept and mopped the kitchen, living room, bathrooms, and cleaned the shower and both toilets. I don't know what got into me. I usually don't do all of those things all in one week, much less all in one night! It's after midnight, and I'm still not ready for bed, but I know I must hit the sack soon.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That cracks me up..sounds like a nesting phase :) Us women go through that every once in a while! Take advantage, but don't over do it, the next day is a beast! I love Cold Stone, but I make myself sick everytime we go. It's so rich (in more ways than one)
The reason you (and me) don't go out for ice cream around here is that there is nowhere to go where you can get ice cream for less than the price of a steak! Don't get me started. Whatever happened to a scoop of hard ice cream?? We save up and go to that Coldstone about once every 6 months (we have to skip a meal in order to afford it) A little bit of an exaggeration, but you know what I mean. But we THOROUGHLY enjoy it when we go!!
I think it's funny that I comment on my own entries, but I just want to answer the questions.
Yes, the price of ice cream is ridiculous around here. Even the kiddie ice cream is atleast $2 bucks if not more. I always am in shock when I get my total. But like I said, I can't even remember when I've taken them for ice cream. Yikes!
Post a Comment